Thursday, November 09, 2006

Time to fall in love again....???

Ali's been gone for more than 2 months now. Sometimes I find myself thinking about him - of our walks in Sabratha, of his coffee with two sugars, his voice, his singing in the shower...

But sometimes I find myself thinking forward.


My old friend Carlos.
The attraction was there. We always found each other great company. But he is 10 yrs older than me, and he was divorced with a daughter, so back before Ali, it was a tall order, and we kept it as friends.

But now...

We're meeting in London very soon. He's as excited as I am that we're meeting again, and while I'm making coffee, I don't just think, Ali likes two spoons of sugar, but I think, Hmm, Carlos doesn't like sugar.

4 Comments:

Blogger piccolina said...

i can't tell u how am i that u r moving on in ur life ..meet ppl and get a life ,ali is the past , find ur self the life u need and ur lovely angel too
I'm so happy for u sweetie GOOD LUCK ..keep us updated

7:02 AM  
Blogger Marshmallow26 said...

Hello Umm Amina,

I agree with Piccolina...Ali is from the past.

This time, ask God for help and he will do before you find your soul mate.

Good Luck

1:16 AM  
Blogger Highlander said...

Dear Myriam,

I am so sorry that I missed all the important events that recently happened to you.

This divorce is not good news, but if he hit you then that's it there is no respect left and you better be apart unless he really shows a provable continuous change and responsibility.

As for the issue of Am being raisied as muslim or not. It is better if she is raised as muslim, but knowing your circumstances and that her father is like this and probably his family won;t be taking any responsibility for her ( it seems), so raise her in a way she will have a good life in Malta without forgetting her roots and also give her a choice . I'm not sure Ali knows the fundamentals of Islam I think you know it better .

Also good luck to you with Carlos, does that mean he needs to convert now to marry you ? or have you left Islam ?

Keep us posted, not being with Ali does not mean we don't care about you ! hugs and forgive me for not being here more often.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Highlander said...

Happy New Year, Merry Christmas, and Eid Adha Mubarak !

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home