Thursday, January 18, 2007

Just When You think nothing can go wrong...

After 3 days stuck at home, a miserable baby who won't sleep or eat AND paying 174Euros for a new car seat, this morning I was really looking forward to going to the market with my aunt. The irritable baby seemed happy to be going out as well.
This evening I had planned on leaving ym daughter with my mother while I go for a yoga lesson and then go for a coffee with my book, wind down a bit, not hear any crying and whimpering after being stuck with a miserable baby 24/7. I was just sooo delighted this morning.

So, in bright sunshine, smiling and delighted, I buckled the shining new car-seat, prepared a few ice-cubes of pureed vegetables, and set out.

GROAN

My car wouldn't start.
The guy from the garage next door said the battery is flat.

Now I've been getting a lot of flat batteries lately - not because I forget the lights on or anything, simply the battery is old and is dying when I don't use the car for more than a couple of days.

So now - 35-40 Euros for a new battery. When I'm still on unpaid maternity leave.
On top of the lawyer's fees.
Constantly buying nappies and milk.
Clothes for the baby.
The new car seat.

And I'm stuck at home with the baby tonight as well, so much for the planned yoga lesson and coffee break away from home!

7 Comments:

Blogger Little Penguin said...

Talk about maternal sacrifice!

Allah doesn't let anything go unaccounted for. Inshallah you reap the rewards in this life and in Akhira.. besides, you can just wear ear-plugs to muffle the noise!

Regards..

11:09 PM  
Blogger Lebeeya said...

I am so sorry you are going through all this. Better days to come inshallah. I wish you all the best. Take care.

4:12 AM  
Blogger UmmAminah said...

I'm being so childish to take it so badly really

7:39 AM  
Blogger MaySoon said...

Ummaminah, you are not being childish or any thing, we all go through this and with all the stress you are going through, a crying baby seems to push the button, happens to me too so Inshallah better days to come..

12:38 AM  
Blogger Lebeeya said...

You are not being childish at all! You just needed to let that all out. We are hear to listen :)

Good luck with everything and I really like you and your blog... alot :)

7:43 AM  
Blogger UmmAminah said...

That's so nice of you! Thanks!!

12:45 AM  
Blogger life's cycle said...

OH YES IT IS THE MATERNAL SACRIFICE ... THAT IS WHY SAID IN THE QURAN (الچنه تحت اقدام الامهات) GOD HELPS YOU , BUT BE SURE THAT BEAUTIFUL DAYS IS COMEING FOR U .... GOOD LUCK ...

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home